Sunday, March 24, 2013

MAC Eye Shadow "Satin Taupe" & "Sable": Review+Swatches+Comparison!

Hi lovelies!
I am so exited to do this review because it is going to be my first review AND I'm going to review my very first, two MAC products. I've never been really into MAC before because I thought the price is ridiculous for a student. But then I thought, you know what, whatever! So I bought these 2 lovely eye shadows with frost finish and I've been wearing them A LOT! Just sayin'.

The first product I picked up is Satin Taupe.
MAC describes this as taupe with silver shimmer. I couldn't be more agree on this. It looks like darker purple-brown for me with shimmer in it. This is a perfect color for everyday makeup because it looks really dark on the pan, but actually when you apply it, it is really natural, give your lids gorgeous shimmery taupe. 
This color is known as one of the best selling MAC eye shadows. I can see why!

The second product I picked up (I didn't plan this!) is Sable.
MAC describes: gold-plum with bronze pearl. I picked this color because I think this will be a perfect match for Satin Taupe. This color looks dark bronzey-pink  with shimmer. I LOVE THIS COLOR, like seriously. If Satin Taupe looks darker for you, then this is for you! When you apply on the lids, it gives like rose gold color on your lids, but really natural. It is perfect when you want to go with something feminine, but you want to keep it simple!

Comparison
After I got back from MAC store, I stored my new MAC eye shadows and opened my Urban Decay Naked Palette, just wanted to clean the palette since it looked horrible. I spotted two similar colors from the palette, which are Toasted and Hustle.
It probably doesn't show what I mean, but in real life, they are like twins! And I was like 'Shoot, I wasted my money!'  So I had four swatches on my hand to see if they would transfer the same colors. The result was: I didn't waste my money. It looked similar on four pans, but looked COMPLETELY different when you swatch them. 

Satin Taupe and Hustle look similar, like sisters on the pans, but you can see that's a huge different! Satin Taupe is lighter taupe, but Hustle is darker taupe.
Sable and Toasted look pretty similar even on my hands, but Toasted is darker than Sable. 
As you can see, Satin Taupe and Sable from MAC still look incredibly natural when I compare them with Naked Palette. 

Since this is the first time I lost my MAC virginity, I really amazed by how creamy the texture is. It's really smooth, crazy pigmented, and really blendable. I love the texture of MAC eye shadows more than Urban  Decay's. They're both pigmented and blendable, but MAC is smoother. Love it!

Since MAC totally amazed me with my first two products, I really want to get some more! :)

What is your favorite MAC eye shadow color for your everyday makeup?

xoxo..

3 comments:

  1. Really liked reading this and darn you I'm going to have to buy Sable! It looks like it would go beautifully with MAC Bronze eyeshadow.
    Thanks for showing the UD swatches too, I'm going to try my bronze with toasted and hope it's not too pink for it!

    MAC are incredible for lipsticks, for £14 they're more than worth the money. Definitely go try them out!

    Chloe
    http://chloeridout.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sable is perfect, definitely should have this!
      I've heard soo much about MAC lipsticks, I have my plan already to buy tons!
      Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. love MAC! :*

    GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!!!!
    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.gr/2013/04/landing-no32-giveaway-win-new-look.html#more

    ReplyDelete